The selected candidate will be joining our Operations team, helping to make a greater impact with the maintenance and modifications on new product packaging for Canada, USA, Mexico and Japan. Strong leadership, attention to detail and ability to work under pressure is a must.
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Positions Available: 1
NOC Code: 2233 Industrial Engineering and Manufacturing Technologists and Technicians
– Provide assistance in the design of plant layouts
– Manage and modify complete production and packaging line equipment and various components.
– Plan and organize job tasks and conduct work measurement or other studies
– Collect and compile operational or experimental data and assist in the development of estimates, schedules, specifications and reports
– Develop manufacturing and processing procedures and variables, set machine or equipment controls, oversee production and inspect process.
– Install, troubleshoot, operate and perform maintenance on the following equipment: complete packaging and cooling line, VFF machines for wet product, volumetric/rotary pumps, multihead tub lines, boilers, thermoform machines, metal detectors, PLC programming, complex conveyor systems, refrigeration systems, case erection and taping machines
Qualifications and Employment requirements:
– Minimum 8 years of experience in and in depth knowledge experience
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), device drivers, CAD software (computer assisted software), Data analysis software and PLC programming software.
– Fluent in written and oral English. Knowledge of other languages would be an asset
– Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
– Strong attention to detail and ability to work under pressure while meeting tight deadlines
– Demonstrate decision making and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of critical thinking and organization skills.
– Ability to handle heavy loads, work under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
– Ability to respond to emergency work after hours, any day of the week
– Ability to work independently and cooperatively with all employees and contractors and to provide technical help when needed.
– Previous experience in a food manufacturing environment or related environment is also an asset.
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Competitive salary and wages are negotiable depending on experience
- If interested, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject titled “Process and Packaging Technician”. While we greatly appreciate all the replies and applications we receive, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.