A federally registered food manufacturer who supplies premium kettle products to key accounts in both domestic and export markets is seeking dynamic individuals that can work with the Quality Assurance department. The candidate is to ensure that the facility is in compliance with regulatory and food safety standards.
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent Full Time, Entry Level
Work Shift: Late Afternoon to 11pm, weekends.
Department: Quality Assurance
Education: Food Technology degree or diploma
Location: Richmond, BC
Benefits Package: Medical and Dental included for Full Time workers.
Description of Duties:
– Responsible for monitoring and verification of HACCP and prerequisite programs. Ensure any non-compliance practices or products are reported and appropriate corrective actions are implemented.
– Communicate with other departmental supervisors in a cooperative manner to meet food safety and quality compliance.
– Conduct employee training on GMP, HACCP or as required.
– Participate in internal auditing and investigation process for corrective and preventative actions.
– Perform chemical and microbiological testing when required
Qualifications and Requirement:
– Minimum of 1 year in Quality Assurance/ Quality Control activities within a food processing industry
– Ability to work majority of the time on the production floor.
– Ability to collaborate with the production, sanitation and maintenance department to ensure food safety is not compromised.
– Fluent in written and oral English. Knowledge of other languages such as Mandarin Chinese, would be an asset
– Must be detail oriented
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
– Priority will be given to those available to work afternoon to 11pm or evening shifts.
• Competitive salary and wages are negotiable depending on experience
• If interested, please send in a detailed resume and cover letter with the subject title, “Quality Assurance Technician”. While we greatly appreciate all the replies and applications we receive, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.